Introducing the all new Geist Growlers!
Our much awaited Geist Growlers are here!
Growlers have been on our radar since last year (pre-COVID). For the last 12 months, we’ve been working hard to meet regulatory specifications to ensure our factory outlet is ready to welcome guests who want to visit, relax, get a bite to eat, drink a Geist beer on-premise and carry fresh craft beer home.
In the meantime, the pandemic hit. And, as you already know, it hit the F&B industry really hard.
While some categories of F&B establishments have received a temporary reprieve in the form of permission to sell craft beer in glass & metal containers to customers, there are other categories that have equally suffered severe revenue losses due to the pandemic. Clubs, pubs and restaurants who hold RVB licenses are a critical part of Bangalore’s F&B industry, and many of them are our partners. Needless to say, Geist couldn’t have grown without the support and trust these partners have provided us since the time we became the first beer brand in South India to distribute fresh craft beer in kegs in August 2017.
Therefore, while we continue to wait for our factory outlet license to be approved, Geist successfully worked with the Karnataka Govt. to temporarily enable RVB license holders in Bangalore to sell fresh Geist craft beer in Geist Growlers to their customers.
This exciting development in Karnataka’s beer history has been structured in a way to ensure that customers continue to benefit from Geist’s focus on producing high-quality craft beer through continuous investments in technology, learning and community.
Here are the main highlights of the Geist Growler program for select clubs & restaurants who hold RVB licenses:
- All growlers will be filled using our state-of-the-art growler filling machine (the first of its kind in the country) at the Geist factory and supplied to clubs & restaurants, just like our kegs
- The Geist Growler is made of glass – it holds 2 litres of beer and each Geist Growler can pour 6 x 330ml pints
- We have 4 variants to offer in growlers: Geist Witty Wit, Geist James Blond, Geist Uncle Dunkel and Geist Kamacitra
- Customers must place orders directly with select restaurants & clubs that are part of the program (routinely updated on our social media channels and website). These restaurant & clubs pass on orders to us and we supply the order using our end-to-end cold-chain for pick-up at the location the next day. Locations may also choose to have Geist Growlers available for walk-in customers
- A refundable deposit of Rs.500 will be charged per growler. Growlers can be returned at *any* of the participating clubs & restaurants – the list will be routinely updated on our social media channels and on this website
- Like in the case of Geist served on tap, the pricing will be determined by these locations. We just provide a recommended price to the management
- The recommended shelf-life of an unopened Geist Growler is 7 days. After opening, we recommend that it be consumed immediately for an optimum, well-carbonated Geist craft beer drinking experience
Thank you for being a part of the Geist family – we’re looking forward to launching more initiatives to get Geist beer directly into your hands! Please follow us on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter for more updates.